- Leeds, York and the coastal resort of Scarborough are in the top ten most visited English Towns by UK residents. (UKTS 2008).
- York was voted as European Tourism City of the Year 2009.
- The Shambles in York has been voted as Britain's most picturesque street in the 2010 Google Street Awards.
- The Humber Bridge is the longest single-span suspension bridge in the UK, second longest in Europe and the fifth longest in the world.
- Bradford trumped Los Angeles, Cannes and Venice to achieve UNESCO City of Film status.
- Leeds is one of the fastest growing cities in the UK with a population of 771, 000, generating a fifth of the region's tourism economy.