- Yorkshire has the most 'good quality rated restaurants' in the Harden's UK Restaurant Guide than any other region outside London, based on a sample of over 8,000 independent reviews. This represents the largest annual survey of restaurant goers in the UK. (Harden's Guide 2008).
- There are 5 Michelin Star restaurants in Yorkshire, more than any other region in England, outside of London.
- The Yorke Arms was given The Good Food Guide Readers' Restaurant of the Year, North East award in 2009, and now joins Anthony's Restaurant in Leeds (25th) as the only two Yorkshire restaurants in the Top 50.
- Harrogate's Turkish Bath and Health Spa is one of only seven remaining 19th Century Turkish baths in the UK and has been luxuriously restored to the highest of standards, while Titanic Spa in South Yorkshire was the very first eco-spa in the country and has featured in The Independent's Top 50 Spas of the World.
- Meadowhall in Sheffield is Europe's largest shopping and leisure complex with over 400,000 people through its doors every week.
- "I've called Yorkshire the foodie county of Britain in the past and it seems to be in no danger of losing this title with a wealth of restaurants right across the board." Elizabeth Carter, editor of The Good Food Guide