1. For a refined Valentine's celebration, come and experience one of Yorkshire's Michelin starred restaurants, including: The Pipe & Glass Inn, South Dalton; Yorke Arms, Ramsgill; The Box Tree in Ilkley; The Old Vicarage, Sheffield, The Star Inn, Harome and The Black Swan, Oldstead.
2. The Burlington near Skipton. Superb food is part of the magic of a stay or visit to The Devonshire Arms. Each dish is exquisitely and freshly prepared, using Estate meat and game with seasonal vegetables and herbs from their own extensive kitchen gardens.
3. Silversmiths Restaurant , Sheffield - Diners enjoy award winning modern Yorkshire menus which focus on locally sourced meats, fresh fish, seasonal fruits and vegetables as well as delicious hand-made desserts and Yorkshire cheeses. Winners of the Taste of Yorkshire Award at the 2010 White Rose Awards.
4. The Milestone, Sheffield - Discover for yourselves the upstairs restaurant, which has an intimate atmosphere, unparalleled menus and superb service with an open kitchen. Winner of the Yorkshire Pub of the Year Award at the 2010 White Rose Awards.
5. The Artisan Restaurant, Hessle, nr Hull - Overlooked by the impressive Humber Bridge, this grade 2 listed Georgian townhouse has been lovingly updated to create the perfect Valentine setting. Wild and organic ingredients feature for a truly modern culinary experience.
6. Prashad, Bradford - feast on real Indian culinary excellence matched with knowledgeable, warm and intuitive service.
7. Fazenda, Leeds. Proud to bring you and your loved one all the tradition behind the unique and original Brazilian way of serving meat. Their gaucho chefs expertly grill 15 cuts of meat and offer customers a continuous tableside service like no other.
8. The Hare Inn, Scawton - Award winning Head Chef, Paul Jackson and his team, creates and prepares beautiful food for you from seasonally available local produce, to give you an exceptional fine dining experience in a relaxed and intimate setting.
9. The Blue Bicycle, York - Understandably one of York's most talked about eateries, serving award winning food in a relaxed dining atmosphere. Highly commended for fresh fish dishes, home made desserts and a seemingly endless selection of fine wines. This is a real treat.
10. Lanterna Ristoranta, Scarborough - Influenced by the North West of Italy, authentic meals are produced using locally sourced produce creating a fusion of Italian and Yorkshire Cuisine.
11. Two Rivers Restaurant at The Deep, Hull. Diners can enjoy a Mediterranean menu surrounded by some of Europe's best aquatic displays. Enjoy the Twilight Zone and Endless Oceans exhibits throughout the course of your evening.
13. Greens of Whitby - Award winning, fine dining seafood restaurant and bistro which serves freshly prepared produce of the highest quality, locally sourced wherever possible. Indulge your taste buds in this quaint coastal setting.
14. The Blue Lion, East Witton. Spoil that special someone with dinner, bed and breakfast during the romantic month of February by celebrating Valentines together at this delightful 18th century Inn, with its roaring log fires. Just turn up...and leave the rest to them! Both the chilled Champagne and delicious handmade Yorkshire chocolates created by the chef Michael will be ready in your room on arrival.
15. Raven Hall, Ravenscar - The Panorama Restaurant provides the dream location for Valentine's Day, offering stunning cliff-top views out to sea and over the North York Moors.
16. Napoleons Casino & Restaurant Ecclesall Road, Sheffield - Why not treat your loved one to an all-round great night out. Start your evening enjoying cocktails at one of Napoleons' bars, followed by a 3-course dinner, drink & £5 gaming chip all for just £22. Once you've finished your dinner in the elegant restaurant take a trip into the casino where you can enjoy spending your £5 chip. A night that's sure to impress!
17. The Charles Bathurst Inn, Arkengarthdale - Great food, wines and ales, firelit suppers and breathtaking countryside. The perfect recipe for an unforgettable Valentine's experience. Valentines Day is a lively affair at The Charles Bathurst Inn. Guests at the 18th Century Inn in Arkengarthdale have the opportunity to channel their inner Heathcliff this Valentines day. The adjacent windswept moor is an ideal spot for a spot of romantic wooing before adjourning to the Inn for a firelit supper.
18. The Coach House at Middleton Lodge, Richmond - Reclaimed timber, antique brass light fittings, tweed banquettes, country-kitchen tables and comfy leather chairs - this refined-rustic rendezvous is ideal for romantic dinners for two. The menu aims to showcase the best of local Yorkshire produce, where possible from their own sprawling grounds, and where not, sourced locally, from farms using sustainable farming methods.
Fancy something different for Valentines this year? Why not join The Wensleydale Railway for their St Valentines Train on Saturday 15th Febuary, including buffet lunch, bubbly and a rose for the lady. Reflect on the romance and nostalgia of the golden age of railways whilst taking in the beautiful scenery of the Yorkshire Dales. Tickets are £25 please call 01677 425805 to book. Perfect for couples!